Starting a website is now easy as compared to earlier days on internet. There are tons of platforms available to build responsive and professional website. But considering us as a beginner, WordPress comes handy making it most customizable and easy to work with website design platform. The reason why it is on top and #1 CMS platform available. With tons of features and easy to install WordPress on godaddy (hosting platforms), it is a great choice to start your website journey.
Not going further but heading straight to our title as it says, how to install WordPress on Godaddy ? We will be learning step by step tutorial to get started with Godaddy WordPress installation as a beginner.
Let’s start !
What is Godaddy ?
Basic first, wondering what is godaddy ?
Godaddy is the world’s most popular domain registrar and web-hosting company that offers hundreds of tools for building professional websites. It was founded in 1997, and they have invested so much in advertising that everyone who is about to start a website, knows a bit about them.
What is Godaddy used for ?
Godaddy is used for building website with many tools available with them. They also offer domain and hosting and considered as the most preferred platform to get started for beginners.
How to Use WordPress with Godaddy ?
If you’ve bought a domain name and hosting with Godaddy, then the steps to install WordPress will be easy as they offers one-click installation within their dashboard.
Resource #1 : How to buy domain name with Godaddy ?
Resource #2 : How to buy hosting with Godaddy ?
Step-by-step guide to install WordPress on Godaddy
- Login to your Godaddy Account. And navigate to your dashboard.
- Navigate to “My Account” section.
- Select Product, Web hosting and click on Manage.
- Select your domain
- Create cPanel details.
choose your Username and Password.
Once, the site is installed click Get Started to go to the cPanel homepage.
6. Within the cPanel Homepage, scroll down to Web Applications and select WordPress Blog.
7. Click on Install.
8. Input the required details.
- Administration Username: Create a username. (This will be the username for your Website Admin Credentials.)
- Admin Password: Create a password. (This will be the password for your Website Admin Credentials.)
- Admin Email: Add your email address.
- Website Title: Add your website’s name. You can change this later.
- Website Tagline: Add a short one to six word phrase that describes your website.
9. Finish setup.
You can check your installed application by going to yourdomain.com.
Okay. the website is active now. time to do some work to make it worth on internet.
Read our some blogs to learn :